痛经 (dysmenorrhea) are throbbing or cramping pains in the lower abdomen. Many women have menstrual cramps just before and during their menstrual periods.
For some women, the discomfort is merely annoying. 为他人, menstrual cramps can be severe enough to interfere with everyday activities for a few days every month.
条件 such as endometriosis or uterine fibroids can cause menstrual cramps. Treating the cause is key to reducing the pain. 痛经 that aren't caused by another condition tend to lessen with age and often improve after giving birth.
- Throbbing or cramping pain in your lower abdomen that can be intense
- Pain that starts 1 to 3 days before your period, peaks 24 hours after the onset of your period and subsides in 2 to 3 days
- Pain that radiates to your lower back and thighs
- 痛经 disrupt your life every month
- You just started having severe menstrual cramps after age 25
免费注册, 并随时了解最新的研究进展, 健康提示和当前健康话题, 像竞博竞猜网站, 还有健康管理方面的专业知识.
To provide you with the most relevant and helpful information, and understand which
information is beneficial, we may combine your email and website usage information with
包括受保护的健康信息. If we combine this information with your protected
health information, we will treat all of that information as protected health
information and will only use or disclose that information as set forth in our notice of
隐私惯例. You may opt-out of email communications at any time by clicking on
You'll soon start receiving the latest 梅奥诊所 health information you requested in your inbox.
Sorry something went wrong with your subscription
During your menstrual period, your uterus contracts to help expel its lining. Hormonelike substances (prostaglandins) involved in pain and inflammation trigger the uterine muscle contractions. Higher levels of prostaglandins are associated with more-severe menstrual cramps.
- 子宫内膜异位. Tissue that acts similar to the lining of the uterus grows outside of the uterus, 最常见的是输卵管, 卵巢或骨盆内的组织.
- 子宫肌瘤. These noncancerous growths in the wall of the uterus can cause pain.
- 子宫腺肌症. The tissue that lines your uterus begins to grow into the muscular walls of the uterus.
- 盆腔炎. This infection of the female reproductive organs is usually caused by sexually transmitted bacteria.
- 宫颈狭窄. 在一些女性身上, the opening of the cervix is small enough to impede menstrual flow, causing a painful increase of pressure within the uterus.
You might be at risk of menstrual cramps if:
- You started puberty early, at age 11 or younger
- You bleed heavily during periods (menorrhagia)
- You have irregular menstrual bleeding (metrorrhagia)
- You have a family history of menstrual cramps (dysmenorrhea)
痛经 don't cause other medical complications, 但是他们会干扰学校, 工作和社会活动.
Certain conditions associated with menstrual cramps can have complications, though. For example, endometriosis can cause fertility problems. 盆腔炎 can scar your fallopian tubes, increasing the risk of a fertilized egg implanting outside of your uterus (ectopic pregnancy).
- 史密斯RP，等. 痛经 in adult women: Clinical features and diagnosis. http://www.最新式的.com/contents/search. 2020年4月1日访问.
- 痛经. 默克手册专业版. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/gynecology-and-obstetrics/menstrual-abnormalities/dysmenorrhea#v1062408. 12月访问. 26, 2017.
- 史密斯RP，等. 成年女性痛经:治疗. http://www.最新式的.com/contents/search. 2020年4月1日访问.
- 常见问题. 妇科问题FAQ046. 痛经:痛经. American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. http://www.服用抗.org/patient-resources/faqs/gynecologic-problems/dysmenorrhea-painful-periods. 2020年4月1日访问.
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. 委员会第号意见. 760: 痛经 and endometriosis in the adolescent. 产科 & 妇科. 2018; doi:10.1097 / AOG.0000000000002978.
- 痛经:概述. PubMedHealth. http://www.ncbi.nlm.国家卫生研究院.gov /书/ NBK279324 /. 2020年4月1日访问.
产品 & 服务